Monday, May 2, 2011

First Swim & "The Lauren"


The kids had their first swimming lesson on Saturday. They were so excited! They both had a great time and they cant wait to go back. I was so nervous for Scarlett though (Not Ronyn as I have already had this experience with him) because they made them jump in the pool, to the instructor, and then just left them bobbing around! It is a small, shallow pool (it was up to her neck) and she was perfectly safe but the look of fear and uncertainty on her face was so apparent I just wanted to jump in and "save" her! She bobbed her way to the edge of the pool to grasp the side and then started to test the water. I was so proud of her when I seen her frightened face turn into a BIG smile as she conquered her fear and she knew for herself that she was safe! She then proceeded to bobb around the entire pool!

We call this dress "The Lauren" as it was made by Nana Brown from a shirt that was once Laurens!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I love S's swimsuit- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I just stumbled on your blog and had to comment on this post! I remember my first swim lesson as a little girl...it was the best! Thanks for the nostalgia!

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete